These seasonal asparagus dippers are delicious when dipped in our Beetroot or Artichoke and Garlic dip. A real crowdpleaser and extremely simple to make!
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 50 g softened butter
- 2 handfuls parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and line a tray with greaseproof paper
- Cut the woody ends off the asparagus and discard and cool the spears in salted boiling water for 2 minutes
- Drain and cool the asparagus in cold water then drain again, dry with a tea towel
- Take one sheet of filo pastry and brush it lightly but thoroughly all over with butter. Cut each sheet into four
- Place each asparagus spear along the bottom of your filo piece and roll snuggly
- Brush the outside of each parcel with butter and scatter with grated parmesan
- Place each parcel on the tray with the outside edge of the filo facing down on the paper, this stops them unravelling when they cook
- Cook in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until golden and crispy
- Serve with our Beetroot or Garlic & Artichoke dip!
We love to see your foodie creations, remember to tag @thedipsociety when sharing your goegeous photos!